Course OutlineUnderstand the core drivers and needs of business continuity management systems within the data center environment. Learn the role of standards, risk assessment and traps - and how to avoid them. Separate facts from fiction through real life examples. Develop best practice through strategy and solutions beyond the plan. Come away with the key skills to ensure organizational resilience within a live, mission critical environment.
- Explain the need for business continuity management; understand the myths and reality through real life examples and its data centre origins
- Develop good practice for supporting organizational resilience within a live, mission critical environment
- Explain terminology and the role of standards
- Identify traps and how to avoid them
- Discuss risk assessment and what it is in a business continuity context and how this relates particularly to data centre location, design and operation
- Understanding Business Impact Analysis and its role in business continuity
- Define strategy in the context of business continuity and how solutions are more than just plans!
- Explain dealing with incidents – what really happens the role of human behaviour and importance of leadership
- Distinguish what a business continuity plan can and can’t do. Good plans v the plans that auditors want to see.
- The key role of exercising and testing in ensuring effective response
- Gaining assurance – how do you know that your business continuity arrangements will work as anticipated and when required?