Course OutlineLearn the thermodynamics of cooling in an easy to understand way. This Specialist level course focuses on the application of cooling concepts that you can use in your own data center. While this training doesn’t replace the need for a knowledgeable HVAC Engineer, it does provide the learning necessary to allow you to successfully operate the cooling system within your data center.
- Explain the implications of equipment placement, installation and decommissioning on cooling and energy efficiency
- Explain airflow management systems
- Get an introduction to advanced cooling, impacts on cooling and design operations and new operating parameters and efficiency metrics
- Understand the fundamentals of advanced cooling, impacts on cooling and design operations, as well as new operating parameters and efficiency metrics
- Discuss free cooling and how it may be applied in various data center scenarios
- • Explain how to deal with new and disruptive technologies such as unified computing platforms, blade servers and high-density networking devices
- Apply Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modelling to help validate a data center’s design and the placement of equipment within it