Course OutlineOur new and updated Data Center Design Awareness course will help you learn the key elements that influence the design of the modern data center This foundation course introduces you to all of the main disciplines associated with a data center. It focuses on important design considerations such as site selection and cabling infrastructure, and the skills necessary to understand key concepts and the interdependencies between disciplines.
- Explain data center technology advanced throughout history, today’s challenges and today’s industry bodies, standards, regulations, definitions and metrics
- Identify key stakeholders and design considerations in development of data center specifications
- Apply best practice recommendations to building layout requirements, including resilience level and space requirements
- Discuss configuration options for the data center including cabinet types, sizes and layouts
- Distinguish between copper and fiber cable and the appropriate containment of each