Course OutlineBy 2020 the data center industry is tipped to release more greenhouse gases than the airline industry. Predictions like this coupled with pressure from environmental working groups have prompted data center operators to understand the root of power in the data center to help improve their energy efficiency.
- Discuss the importance of data center power consumption to business, government and society in general, whilst trying to meet sustainability targets in a low energy future
- Identify the basics of voltage, current, power and power factor in 3-phase power circuits
- Recognize the competing models for power redundancy architecture, concurrent maintainability and fault tolerance
- Differentiate between AC power and HVDC power in the data center
- Discuss industry standards, codes and guides