Course OutlineGain an insight into power quality and its impact on facility management. All power is not created equal. Poor power quality can put undue wear and tear on computers, data and mission critical infrastructure. In this course students will learn how to troubleshoot possible power problems, power monitoring and the tolerances of computer equipment.
- Evaluate basic electric power quality problems and indicate potential solutions
- Differentiate between single phase (DC) and three phase power(AC)
- Recognize the four phases of power transmission
- Identify power transients and solutions that prevent such events from occurring
- Recognize the purpose of CBEMA and ITIC curve
- Indicate the benefits of proper power monitoring