Course OutlineDiscuss design considerations with respect to loads, airflow requirements and safety concerns, as well as panel cutting and floor maintenance techniques. A raised access floor creates a space between the floor slab and the underside of the access floor, providing space for building services such as air condition, fire detection and suppression, security and cabling for electric power, data, telecom/voice and environmental control.
- Identify the design considerations for construction a raised access floor, in order to ensure structural integrity, proper airflow and safety
- Indicate the proper procedures for removing and installing floor panels
- List the safety precautions that must be taken when cutting panels
- Identify the appropriate maintenance procedures for raised access floors
- Indicate the solutions to fix common floor panel issues