Course OutlineIn an age where emergency preparedness is increasingly under public scrutiny, the necessity for standby power has become paramount in the mission critical industry. Planning, emergency procedures and nonlinear load problems are important to the overall implementation and maintenance of an effective standby power system. This course addresses several types of standby generator systems and their respective applications.
- Differentiate between the types of electrical loads affected by a loss of power
- Indicate the requirements that constitute the type of generator system that must be installed
- Recognize the items that a manager must consider when operating and maintaining a generator system, including relevant documentation and emergency procedures
- Identify and compare the maintenance procedures for each generator component
- Recognize common issues and the solutions associated with a system that incorporates a standby generator system and UPS