Course OutlineCompare UPS design, function, control components, configuration, testing and maintenance of static and rotary UPS systems. Utility power can be considered at most 99.9% reliable. For many industries such as investment banking, this level of reliability is not enough. The simplest way to provide uninterruptible power is to attach battery backup.
- Summarize the evolution of uninterruptible power supply (UPS) technology
- Describe UPS types/configurations and their advantages
- Identify UPS modes and power paths
- Recognize the power control devices associated with a UPS system
- Identify the appropriate UPS design/system configuration for each type of redundancy system
- State the advantages/disadvantages for each type of energy storage device
- Describe the tools/methods utilized for performing UPS system maintenance and testing