Course OutlineTake an in-depth look at the major components, parameters, installation locations, maintenance and testing A Static Transfer Switch (STS) is critical to any redundant power system supplying data center loads. In the event of a power loss, switching to an alternate source of power without dropping the load is vital.
- Recognize the STS components and their functions
- Differentiate STS function between Normal and Bypass operation
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of Primary and Secondary STS configurations
- Recognize the effect that the STS has on a facility’s reliability and availability
- List the steps of the redundancy testing procedure for STS systems